Does anyone know any fun things to do in Illinois for a vacation??

Does anyone know any fun things to do in Illinois for a vacation?? And its not anywhere near Chicago.

hperkins06

Asked by hperkins06 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can go down South to Springfield. My DH and I spent two days there seeing the sites. The Abe Lincoln Museum is very cool IMO. Springfield was a pretty quiet town, easy to walk around. You can also go to Magic Waters - which is far North West, in Rockford. There is Six Flags Great America, which is NW in Gurnee. What PART of Illinois will you be in?

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Brookfield zoo,Lincoln Park zoo,Science and Industry Museum,Shedd Aquarium

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Besides Chicago and Springfield there isn't much.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• NEAR Peoria there is a Wildlife Park. It's similar to a zoo, but the habitats are MORE natural and ALL of the animals there are "native" to Illinois.  Of course there are things in Chicago, but you didn't want that.  Free Attractions has a list of things to do in IL. Of course you'll want to contact the place and varify the infromation on the free attractions site.  That's all I have to offer you at this time.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• We will be in Macomb, IL
    hperkins06

Answer by hperkins06 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Take the train to Chicago. I think that it takes around three hours.

http://www.macomb-il.worldweb.com/SightsAttractions/

There may be some events at the University; you can check their website.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• The Wildlife Park I mention earlier is 1.5 hours drive from Macomb. Macomb itself has a visitors site. That list things like local museums, and historic barn tours if you are into those type of things. When you visit Macomb's site you'll want to check out the things under the "play" tab.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Oh and if you are going to be in Macomb June 24, 25, 26 you can participate in their heritage days!

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Sex in a corn field. I lived there most of my life and aside from going to Chicago, that's about the only fun thing I could ever find to do. IL is not a fun place to be.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Wildlife Park near Peoria is BORING! All of the animals are in their native habitats so you'll be lucky to even see them cuz the grass is so long!
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2010