Does anyone know about Child Support in Florida?

My ex husband was suppose to pay $200 a month beginning last May '08, which was stated in our divorce decree, and he never has. He recently got a much higher paying job and I want to get the full State minimum amount from him. Since the law says you can only petition for a change in Child Support every 3 years, is it worth me trying? Technically he is in comtempt of court for not paying. Can anyone advise please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• hmmm... i would definitely try... take him to court for contempt, then in the process mention that you would like to take into account his new higher paying job.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 4:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I know in NC you can't request a change for 3 years unless there has been a "substantial change in circumstances" - a much higher paying job would definitely qualify. But you should also take him to court for contempt for not paying.

Answer by missanc at 8:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2010