Do you clip coupons?

Do you clip coupons, and is it worth it in savings?

momofamonkey83

Asked by momofamonkey83 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't. They are always for the name brand stuff, and even after the coupon is taken off, the store brand is still cheaper and is the same thing, same ingredients and everything. I don't see the point in it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• only for the things I already use
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• YES! You're crazy not to! It's like paying regular price for clothing when you know there is a sale practically every other day! We also belong to a wholesale club--which costs $40/year. Annually, for a family of 4 and no pets, we SAVE upwards of $3000 per year!!! We saved even more when our boys were infants and they were in diapers!!

But I agree with the other poster...you should only use coupons on the items you really need and use--not just to "get a deal." You also need to know your prices, and be conscientious of marketing ploys that make you THINK you are getting a better deal than you really are.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Heck yeah! I love seeing how much I save every week in coupons! I saved $13 yesterday at the grocery store in just coupons.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• i went shopping the other day with my sister. she made me do coupons. lol. i got only name brand stuff and only stuff i'd use... the price before coupons was 82.70. AFTER was 47.21... EVERYTHING was at LEAST .20 less than the store brand prices.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 4:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I use couponcabin.com, and take what the newspaper gives. Last week I saved $10.00. It's not much, but $10 is $10.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• yep, I save an average of 40-50% per trip to the store

my record is 12 boxes of Kellogs cereal for FREE
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I use coupons from www.target.com/coupons http://www.mambosprouts.com/ http://www.mypoints.com/ I also sign up for newlettters from various manufacturers; then generally send monthly coupons.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• My neighbor is a financial educator and she has a website all about saving money at Walgreens. She tells you exactly how to use register rewards, manufacturers coupon and Walgreens coupons to get things for next to nothing, free, or even make money on an item. This has really helped me. I used to never shop at walgreens but by getting free toothpaste, deoderant and more I am really balancing my budget better!

Her site is www.wildforwags.com check it out
    theouseofclark

Answer by theouseofclark at 8:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Yes, I have started clipping coupons. The store I go to doubles coupons so for me it worth the time it takes to clip them out. In the past month (past 3 grocery trips) I have saved about $65.00 by using coupons.
    My sis is the "coupon queen" her best shopping trip record was when she got $200 worth of groceries for $60.00!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2010