what would you do if you are against both abortion & homosexuality and drs could somehow prove that some people are born gay would you keep a baby of yours even if it was born gay or would you abort it? this is an honest/curious question and i dont want drama started over it.

I saw this in a post somewere on cafemom earlier and I wanted to know if any christians who are against both abortion and homosexuality would actually do this. in the other post the question was If there was a perinatal test that could tell you that your child was homosexual, would you abort it if you found out he/she was gay? I personally believe that people are born gay or straight but thats me personally. If it was somehow proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that some people are born gay would any christians here go through an abortion because you would know a head of time that your child would always be gay no matter what you told them about how you believe that being gay is wrong? & if you did go trough with the pregnancy would you then disown your child after they were older because they would grow up gay? this question is NOT asked so it can start drama but I'm curious what someone who is against both would do.

flower_angel

Asked by flower_angel at 4:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• you hate the sin love the sinner you do not kill the sinner. It has been proven molesters and rapist cannot be rehabilitated but I don't believe in killing them either.
    Anonymous

• no I would keep & love the baby hate the sin.. I don't think people are born gay but just like any other sin they have a strong desire to for fill their needs even if they have to sin.. and all sin can be conquered if the person has a desire to please GOD
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 4:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• i would be disappointed if my child was to turn out gay, but that's just me. i want them to be happy, and will do my best to lead them in the path that i think is best for them. i would not get an abortion over that, they would be my child and i would love them no matter what.
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 4:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I would never abort. I would never disown my child. I would still love my child. I would respect their wishes as an adult and I would hope that they could respect mine and hopefully come to some sort of medium.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Christians are taught that even if people are born gay, it is a sin. When I visited an LDS church a few years ago, I was taught that all gay people should pray and suppress their urges. They are told to live as strait people for their entire lives to please God and save their souls. I doubt anyone would abort their gay child, but I know that many would force them to live the strait lifestyle.

Anonymous

• anon that is such crap. i am so sorry you had to hear something like that.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• i can not imagine being against gays. or killing my own child. so i would have my baby and love it!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I would never believe anyone is born gay, or that abortion is right. We all suffer from our sinful, carnal flesh. Its a matter of self control, and I have been proven this in my own life. Now I would not condemn these people or make it my life's goal to harass them, But I would tell them the Promises of Yah and leave it to them on what they want to do with it. Just one time, and leave them be, this is what Yahshua would have done. It would not matter to me if they accepted my words then or 20 years down the road, because I have learned it isn't my place to try to force them to believe as I do on my time. Everyone and everything is in Yahweh's hands. I can safely say I would do this if my children struggled with these issues. We should love one another no matter what, and stop pointing fingers at people and condemning them! Tell them the promise of Yah and how they can be a part of it and leave it at that. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Agree with Daphna
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Being the mother of a lesbian daughter, and dealing with homosexual youth I would say there is no doubt in my mind that this is how they are born, if I had know before my daughter was born this fact it would not make any difference to me, she would be still my flesh and blood as she is now and abortion would never be an option for me.

Answer by older at 5:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2010