A birthday question..

My son has requested an egg hunt for his birthday. ..Okay, odd, but I can do that. Any ideas for good things to put in the eggs for his bday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It sounds like a lot of fun. Candy, gum, small toys, little bouncy balls. There is a bag of small stuff you can get to fill a pinata that will fit in eggs. You can do prize eggs w/a dollar or some change in them. For easter, my sister puts pull tab lotto tickets in some of them. Of course, if you or the other parents don't like the lottery, that's not a good idea, especially since the parent will have to cash it in.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I think Kiwismommy's ideas are awesome!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 4:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Egg hunt is odd, but if that is what he wants go for it. Now that I said that I'll contradict myself and wonder why not turn it into scavenger hunt? If kids can read or you can have a reader for each group of 2/3 kids give a clue to where small prize can be found. At that prize place have a hunt bag and the next clue. Keep making clues and having small prizes at each station go with 10-12 prizes. One more thing after the first clue give the clues mixed up or the kids will follow each other, LOL. This idea could be used with most any theme by changing prizes and decorations. Have a camera for lots of pics (camcorder would be great) I guarantee the kids will have a blast and the pics will be precious. At the end of the hunt have the gift bags as prizes for each kid.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 7:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• OP here - Guess I should have been more clear - the egg hunt would just be for him. He isn't having a party. It's just something he wanted and I figured I'd fill the eggs with something. .
    Anonymous