Is anyone else getting slammed with storms?

For the second day in a row we've had a tornado watch. I live in Northeastern Connecticut...we got some strong rain and wind with sudden downpours but the storms have been brief and intermitten throughout the day. About 45 minutes ago, after the storm ended, I heard a branch snap and my house shake. Two branches fell in the back yard, just barely missing the house, and it pulled down the powerline. Luckily the children are out at a birthday party and not playing in the yard. The line is down but still connected to the house and partially to the pole so we still have power. Hopefully the power company gets here soon but I've been hearing sirens for awhile throughout the storm and I have no idea how bad the rest of the state is and it could be a long time before they get here to fix the line. The firemen who came to check it out remembered my house...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ...from a few years ago when on Thansgiving the line caught fire. The power guy said it was amazing we had power before the line caught fire because it was so badly degraded and that the bad connection combined with the increase of electric use (from all the cooking) finally overloaded the line which is why it caught fire.
    Anonymous

• We've had rain and storms off and on for several weeks now, but nothing terribly serious...just flickering lights, our satellite goes out, the yard floods, and we get a lot of lightening & thunder. They call for tornado warnings, but nothing ever comes of them...the most we get are some wind gusts.
    I hope you stay safe and anyone else experiencing dangerous weather.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I'm down in FL (where the oil is just hitting our white beaches) and we've had storms for the past week off and on. Last night we had a bad one and I hear we're expecting another bad one tonight.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• sorry that sucks, i wish it would do something here cause its sooo frickin humid. its clouding up and now watch about the time i start the grill it will probably start down pouring lol
    Anonymous

• I live in Idaho and we are getting slammed with rain, snow, wind, storms. It's crazy for this time of year. My husband seems to think it has something to do with the volcano eruption in Ireland.
    michelle146

Answer by michelle146 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 6, 2010