What do you think of these baby girl names?

We're expecting our first, and haven't yet learned the gender.
For a boy we have definitely decided on Conner Ryan.
For a girl... My favorites are Aellea (might conform and spell it Aleah, or Aliya) and Allyssia (uh-lEE-see-uh) can't decide on spelling for this either... Alicea, Ellessia, or...?

So all opinions & suggestions are welcome.

MrsAdorkable

Asked by MrsAdorkable at 5:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I love Aellea...the spelling and everything. For Allyssia I would still think to pronounce it UH Li See Yah instead of UH Lee See Yah. So I would play around with a spelling that you like that won't get mispronounced. My name is spelled Myndi (pronounced like a normal Mindy) and yet I got called MINE Dee from about every substitute I ever had! LOL I like Alicia but if you are wanting a more unusual spelling just get a piece of paper and start writing different ways it could be spelled until one just hits you. That's what I did with my daughter! ;) Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 6:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Oh I love that boy name !

and definattly Aleaha or Aellah -- a friend named her daughter that ( Aellah) and everyone commented ( on FB) about how beautiful it was !
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 5:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Oh i love them all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!but I love alicia...Elissia!!! we like that for our lil girl! Congrats!! They are all great names!
    Anonymous

• i like both names but the spelling of Aellea just remind me of Paella.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 5:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I love all these names!! But my favorite for a girl is Alicia with this spelling. Allyssia looks misspelled.

Congratulations!!!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 5:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Aellea is pronounced Aliyah? I would definitely stick with a more traditional spelling with that name. I saw it as ( eye el ea). Alicia is the best way to spell the other name too. Why do people want to make their children's names so complicated? Note: If you have to explain how to pronounce it beside the name....that's not a good way to spell it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2010