so why do ppl assume if a woman has mostly guy friends that she is a slut?

i only have 3 female friends and the rest are guys. i hang out with the guys all the time, they come over here i go over to their place and sometimes just meet up with them at cafes. my husband is also friends with my guy friends just like im friends well sorta friends with his female friends. my husband gets along better with women than men.
i was talkin to this guy online and he asked what i was doing later so i said "well my ex bf and my husbands best friend(guy) is coming over and we are gonna grill out." and is like what about ur husband he is workin...and its like yeah so he knows and doesnt care. then he made a nsty comment of wow you have a strange love life or lack there of...you havin all these guys, and you are soo hot...
he acts like im sleepin with them when im not, i only want my husband. i just find hangin guys easier cause i always been a bit of a tomboy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Because people have dirty minds and like to judge. I have guy friends but there's no way in hell I'll ever sleep with any of em. They are not my type.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 5:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Myabe because you see to be making such a deal out of it.... ( Like why wouldnt you just say "my friends" instead of saying that they are your ex and hubbys friend) ...... and the fact that your talking to a guy on the net who you must not know in person..... yeah that doesnt sound very "classy"
    Anonymous

• I have mostly guy friends because when I was growing up I had only two brothers my mom and dad did not want me to be spoiled so they raised me like my brothers nothing slutty about me and too bad about women who think that. Friends are friends no matter what sex they are.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• op here

43 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 by: Anonymous

cause im an honest person if im makin new friends im not about to hide anything....why should i?
    Anonymous

• Well...I wouldn't the woman is a "slut" but, I would think she is maybe pretty flirtatious! My husband and I only have friends of the opposite sex that are couples...and the only time we hang out together is AS couples. When I was SINGLE I had plenty of male friends--more than female friends. And of those male friends most of them were gay! LOL

My husband is of the firm belief that single heterosexual men do not willingly "hang out" with women (especially when that woman is already spoken for) UNLESS there is something in it for him! The guys may respect the "boundaries" but deep down, they're always holding out hope that should the opportunity present itself, they'll be next in line, having patiently been waiting in the wings!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I don't know about that- I mostly have MALE friends,and get along better with males. It might be b/c of my work- (I work with all guys) only female- but I'm married,and they know I'm taken-have a family- and they respect that,as I respect them for being married and family. My husband has no problem with that-and he works with alot of FEMALES- thats his job and I respect that.If you act like an adult and not flirt with them,respect their life style,and they know you have boundries they can't cross- they hey= good for you
    Anonymous

• Yeah I get along with guys easier too. In college my major had 40 guys and 2 women in our class and of course rumor mill had us sleeping with a different one each week even though we were both dating guys outside our major. It is just the way of most people. I had issues finding boyfriends to accept it, but my DH has no issues (part of the reason I married him). My carerr is dominated by men and we often go get a drink before heading home and myself with 2-3 other guys. We are talking about the stress of the day and nothing else so no "hope" of something else there. Our spouses don't understand what happens at work and we like to vent to each other. No harm.
    Anonymous

• The part I find odd is that your husband doesn't care. Makes me wonder what he's up too.
    Anonymous

• I have more male friends than females too. But NONE OF THEM is an ex.
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with Lori. The guys probably want to have you keep them in mind "just in case". I wouldn't assume that a woman with mostly guy friends is promiscuous, but from what I have seen, women who have mostly guy friends tend to have problems getting along with other women. Don't know if that is true in your case or not.
    Anonymous