hypochrodriacs

my mom is driving me and my brothers INSANE how do I deal with this,she wants to go to the hospital all the time.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 5:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Health

• Tell her to go on her own.. Some people are just like that. Some people do it for attention.. If you don't give her the attention.. she might stop
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• hypochondriacs need tough love. she needs a taste of reality and psychological treatment
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• My mother will go to the hospital or doctor for anything and she will even go as far as asking questions about herself and trying to get checked out during me or my sons appt. if she takes us. I agree it is all about attention she needs some tough love. Ignore her and when that doesn't work just tell her you don't want to hear it. Say something like "i love you and like talking to you but if it has anything to do with you or anyone else health i don't want to hear it"

I know it sounds mean but sometimes this is the only thing you can do.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• My dad took his mother to the doctor for a full physical and a bunch of blood work. He said to run every test he thought of, which the doctor did. Then the doctor could tell her that there was absolutely nothing in the world wrong with her. Now every time she complains about something, my dad reminds her that she is healthy, just like the doctor said, and that there aren't any other tests they could run on her.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2010