how much does a delivery cost on average?

I've been having issues with my insurance and what not ... im due next month and now we paying everything cash ... so i was wondering how much can i expect to pay ?

patrtiots_mommy

Asked by patrtiots_mommy at 5:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• Call area hospitals. You may be better off finding a nurse/midwife and having a home delivery.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• It depends on what you end up needed. A natural delivery can be maybe $300 or so and that can range all the way up to an emergency c-section which may cost upwards of $8,000.

What sort of problems are you having with your health insurance? Are they canceling your policy? What state are you in? There should be some S CHIP state insurance for pregnant women and children in your state. This is actually what I do for a living (help people get their hospital bills paid) so PM me if you want me to look into it a little for you.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I had an emergency csection and the total cost if we didn't have insurance was about $25k.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• The hospital charged our insurance company $5000. It was a ridiculous amount for 24 hours and lousy care. Insurance paid all but $1800.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I had three natural, low or no intervention deliveries in the hospital and they were all around $10,000. I had my last baby at home with a midwife, and the total including all prenatal tests etc was $2700. My insurance paid most and my husband did work-trade for the balance.

Look into state insurance. Most pregnant women qualify.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2010