how much does a delivery cost on average?

I've been having issues with my insurance and what not ... im due next month and now we paying everything cash ... so i was wondering how much can i expect to pay ?

patrtiots_mommy

Asked by patrtiots_mommy at 5:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Typical costs:

* The biggest factors affecting the cost of a birth are: whether it is vaginal or Cesarean; whether there are complications; and the length of the hospital stay. Geographical location also plays a part; baby delivery is most expensive in the Northeast and on the West coast and least expensive in the south. For patients not covered by health insurance, the typical cost of a vaginal delivery without complications ranges from about $9,000 to $17,000 or more, depending on geographic location and whether there is a discount for uninsured patients. The typical cost for a C-section without complications or a vaginal delivery with complications ranges from about $14,000 to $25,000 or more.

http://www.costhelper.com/cost/child/baby-delivery.html
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Call your hospital. They have a pretty much set rate for vag and c-sect deliveries. you will also need to ask how much baby care will be for a normal delivery.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• My total prenatal care and delivery was in the 10,000 range back in 2001

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• This is the information given to me from MY hospital which is in Billings, MT:

Vaginal Birth - Mother/Baby charge (estimate) $7,923
    -2 nights, 3 day hospital stay
    -VBAC may have additional charges

C-Section Birth - Mother/Baby charge (estimate) $13,810
    -4 nights, 5 day hospital stay

Additional costs:
    -Epidural $992 hospital charge (anesthesiologist fees are billed by the Anesthesiology group)
    -Circumcision $388 hospital charge, $229 physician charge

These are only estimates for MY particular clinic.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 6:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• my home births were $2500 for prenatal care, delivery and 3 post partum visits. they charged the same for my twins too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• if i didn't have insurance, i'd definitely find a good home birth midwife!!! i chose a hospital birth because with my insurance it's much cheaper than home birth.
    Anonymous