Does online dating ever really work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Well my cousin met her dh online 5 years ago.. so I guess it does sometimes.. I would never do that tho.. Who knows what you might find on the Internet!!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 6:00 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I have a few friends that it did work for and then I have a couple that it didn't. I think that when you go this way, you have to be really careful how you projecct yourself to that other person so that they know exactly what and who you are.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• i think it's pretty pathetic if you're so socially challenged that you need a dating site to meet people
    Anonymous

• yea i mean i can work but instead of looking for something serious look for guy friends and im sure when u are friends with some one in person u can see if it has potential to become more. i know this because i helped my best friend find a husband online lol she is happily married for 3 yrs lol best of luck!
    amanda9069

Answer by amanda9069 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I've never tried online dating but I think it works, we are in a new day in age where everything is done via computers/phones etc. You can meet the same crazy people at the corner store. How would online dating be patethic Anon...? It's no different then you being on cafemom which is a social website to meet other moms.
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• That's how I met my DH and we have been together 8 years married 6 years and have two wonderful kids and a great relationship.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• lol at anon. It is just like you being on cafemom. :))
    Anonymous

• IDK.
    My MIL met her hubby about 8yrs ago from those newpaper dating thingy's... They are doing good.
    I couldnt believe my MIL looked in those. lol... she just a normal "jane".. IDK when u think of newspaper dating you think of hook ups & stuff like that... But they both are your very average "joes" ....
    Anonymous