Which flea and tick medication is your dog on?

ManicMomma02

Asked by ManicMomma02 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Pets

• Frontline because it doesn't go into the bloodstream and only stays in the fatty tissue.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• We use flea and tick shampoo, the squeeze thing that you put on their neck, on down their back, the spray that you can use on furniture and pet bedding that's okay to spray on the dog, and the flea collars. The ticks stay away, but they still have fleas.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I use frontline plus on my 4 dogs and 2 cats and the foster dogs that stay with us. We live in the woods and have a ton of fleas and ticks. Since using frontline plus I have not had a single flea!!!! The stuff you buy at walmart or target is just a waste of money-it does not keep the fleas away.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 12:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I don't use anything. We have 3 dogs and have never had fleas. We do have ticks occasionally, but I check my dogs everyday for ticks. Plus they are all bathed once/week.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I use a table spoon of vinegar in there water, My 4 year old boxer is extremely allergic to all flea meds. I've been using it for 3 1/2 years now and I haven't had fleas and they have been exposed to them. (My neighbor's dog always has fleas yuk.)
    snowangel1979

Answer by snowangel1979 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Zema, it's a lot cheaper than the name brand stuff and works great on my dog. It's a monthly treatment for fleas, tick and mosquitos. Lola never had a single tick or flea on her after I put the medication on her. Lola is a chihuahua and I use the formula that's for dogs 15 lbs or under so I can't say how well the formula for bigger dogs work but I'd imagine it would be the same so long as you bought the kind for your dog's size.
    Anonymous

• frontline plus every month

missprissy101

Answer by missprissy101 at 5:03 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Garlic is a great natural way to fight off fleas!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Jun. 14, 2010