movie: the notebook...be a spoiler??

I havent seen this movie. How does it end?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 6:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Entertainment

• Sad and happy. do you REALLY want to know?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• yes. I dont think I will see it. I'm not big on tear jerkers lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• The man realizes the his wife is not getting better.. One night he snicks into her room, gets in her bed and they sleep holding hands.. They never wake up..:(
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 6:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Ah you really should watch it. How it ends is just as powerful as how it began. You know it's a love story and they do get married, have kids and get old. She gets dementia and forgets who he is and her children. He reads her their story everyday to try to get her to remember and once she does, they both die in bed at the nursing home place where they lived. Love this movie !!!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• thru the movie, he reads her a journal...turns out it was her that wrote it to help her come back from alzheimers. in the end, she does come back for all of a couple minutes. he has a heart attack but then comes back to the home. He sneaks into her room and she know who he is. she asks if it is possible that their love can do anything and if it can take them away together. He says yes. Crawls into bed with her and goes to sleep. The nurse comes in the next morning to find them holding each other and they are dead.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• awwww that is sad, but happy at the same time!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Ehh, I didn't really like "The Notebook"...having a grandmother who suffered from and died of Alzheimer's, I found the movie's portrayal of dementia to be maddeningly inaccurate and romanticized. I also didn't find the relationship between the main characters (in the flashbacks, anyway) very compelling...they're together for the summer, don't see each other for years, then the girl cheats on her fiance hardcore and gets back with the guy...I'd just like to see a movie with a stable romantic relationship that doesn't involve infidelity.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 2:49 AM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Doesn't end the same way as the book - so read it first!!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2010