almost 12 months how should she eat

My daughter is almost 12 months and she is still taking all her feedings by bottle. We give her jars of baby food 2-3 times a day. Should we be giving her more? When do you start to cut back on the bottles? Our next doc appt isnt until after she is a year and the last one was when she was 9 months. Any ideas?

ZOSO

Asked by ZOSO at 6:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well, there are a lot of different opinions out there....but i'll share with you waht i am doing...Jaime is 7 months...he has yobaby for breakfast, sometimes a little jar of fruit...4-6 oz of formula a couple hours after that...around lunch cereal and a small jar of veggie followed by a small jar of fruit ...another 4-6 oz of formula a little while after that...around 3 or 4 another yobaby....and his dinner is usually a large jar of veggie and some cereal with another bottle before bed (but lately he has been rejecting the dinner meal and having more bottle than solid food....around 8 months we will introduce chicken and then slowly some other meats...with pasta...or actual rice rather than the cereal...
    i would call the pedi and ask for an over the phone consult...we just did one of those last week as i was worried i was "doing it wrong" and she said what i was doing was just fine...
    HTH :)
    afeather

Answer by afeather at 7:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• at a year i was only giving my daughter a bottle for nap and night time. try integrating some cereal, crackers, snack foods, etc as much as possible.. relaly small cut up fruits (stay close by)
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 7:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My 11 month old is on almost all table food (He has 8 teeth and is cutting molars). He is a little pig!! He hates to be fed, so he usually has cheerios and 1/2 a banana for breakfast. Lunch is usually a toddler meal like the little raviolis cut in half, or 3 or 4 meat sticks and some peas or carrots. Dinner, he has whatever we have. I just dont spice it up. He is down to 2 or 3 6-8 oz bottles a day. He also has snacks through the day. Wow... now that I see it, he eats more than I do!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I read that when a baby drools a lot they are ready for solid foods. Introduce the jar food and other things by sitting them in front of her and when she's hungry she will eat. She is not going to starve herself. Babies will do whatever you allow them to do. If you let her have the bottle then she is going to take the bottle. Take a different route.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 1:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2008