some one help please??????im 34 weeks pregnant and i have no appitite at all i havent ate in 2 days and im just not hungry should i call my doctor and talk to them or is it common please help me!!!!!!!

im just so nervous i dont want something to happen to me or the baby

KASSIDYSMOMMY08

Asked by KASSIDYSMOMMY08 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Make sure you have plenty to drink so you don't get dehydrated. Does eating actually make you sick or is just you don't want to eat? If it doesn't make you sick, eat anyway whether you really want to or not.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• it makes me sick i feel real nauseated and just miserable but if i go all day with out eating i wake up shaling...so i try to eat and i feel 10 times worse
    KASSIDYSMOMMY08

Answer by KASSIDYSMOMMY08 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I started having a hard time breathing at about 34 weeks. It doesnt hurt to call your doctor and let them know whats going on. You need dr's reassurance that all is ok
    Anonymous

• there not open till in the morning thay close early on fridays and dont open back up till monday so i just wanted to make sure i didnt need to call them now and see but thank you guys so much ur realy a big help

KASSIDYSMOMMY08

Answer by KASSIDYSMOMMY08 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I got sick when I was pregnant and the doctor said it was okay to take dramamine (the motion sickness medicine, sold over the counter, it also helps w/nausea and vomiting) and the pharmacist confirmed it was okay to take during pregnancy (I had no other problems during the pregnancy). You should of course check before taking anything, but most pharmacists can tell you. You could try that then wait a while and eat something light.
    Or if you can't/don't want to take anything, try some dry white toast, or saltine crackers and flat sprite. Jello is also good when you feel sick.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• thank but i tried the crackers and thay didnt help and i just never feel hungry...ive ben having chest pains i just dont want it to be because of labor.... with my first pregnancy i didnt have labor thay enduced me and that was it i dont know what to expect...ive been having back pains and i know the babys dropped i can feel her and thave had to stop my labor twice so i just wasent sure if it was because of that
    KASSIDYSMOMMY08

Answer by KASSIDYSMOMMY08 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I don't know about losing appetite while in labor, I was the opposite. I had the first contraction at 11:30 on a Thursday night and gave birth at 5:20 the following Saturday evening. I ate a weeks worth of groceries in that day and a half. I just could not get enough to eat. I would definitely call your doctor as soon as they open in the morning and tell him/her everything since you've already had problems w/labor.
    I hope everything works out for you and I'm sorry I couldn't help you more.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• no its ok thank yo so much u were a big help
    KASSIDYSMOMMY08

Answer by KASSIDYSMOMMY08 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• As long as you drink plenty of water you don't need to worry about the baby. The baby will pull it's nutritional needs from your stored fat. The only thing the baby cannot get from your body is the water. So drink water and relax. Do mention it to your doctor when you can, but not eating for a few days is fine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• don't drink beverages within 20 minutes of eating. get some vitamin B6 - there are even B6 lollipops/lozenges you can get at the drug store. i lost my appetite for almost 2 weeks recently and the only thing that was appetizing to me at all were fruits and veggies in small amounts. i forced myself to eat tiny meals throughout the day - my appetite finally came back sorta.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2010