What are good dinner ideas for my 1yo to eat with me and my husband?

My son just turned one on the 4th and he has been eating with us for a while but i need more ideas on what to make for dinner that he can eat also. I also have no idea what he can and should eat for breakfast.

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 7:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Breakfast for my son consists of some type of dry cereal that he can eat while I'm getting my older ones ready for school (cheerios, mini shredded wheat, etc) and either yogurt or some type of fruit with milk to drink.
    For supper - we really still eat the same stuff we did before we had the baby and he eats what we eat. All types of pasta with different sauces, meatloaf with mashed potatoes and lima beans, chicken rice and broccoli casserole, etc. My son also loves "salads" - he's not big on the lettuce but loves the little tomatoes and cucumbers I put in them.

Answer by missanc at 7:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• What do you eat?
    My kids always ate what we ate for dinner. Cut up or smashed, of course... but I didn't make special meals for them.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Depending on how many teeth he has, he should be able to eat just about anything that you eat unless you eat stuff that's super spicy. My son had 13 or 14 teeth already when he turned a year so food was no problem. I just cut things up into the appropriate sizes for him. Last night we had backstrap (venison), mac & cheese, and corn. As for breakfast... mine eats all sorts of different things... fruit, cereal, eggs, pancakes, biscuits, his dad even gives him bites of bacon. That's just off the top of my head.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 7:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My 13mo gets everything we are eating, from cut up stake bits to noodles. the only thing she doesn't really like is hamburgers. But then she has 11 teeth. She also was never one to eat baby food, so she has been on table food since she was 9mo. I don't make anything special and she gets a little of everything.
    Raine2007

Answer by Raine2007 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• my son loves meatballs, meatloaf, chicken. . . most everything we eat. He isn't a fan of pasta unless it is mac & cheese so I try and fix something he can eat without eating the pasta (ie spaghetti with meatballs and give him the meatballs and sauce and a couple pieces of pasta). I agree it is all about cutting it the right size and making sure you child is able to eat it (not too tough etc) sometime it might take as many as 15 exposures to get them to eat a food so just give very small bits of new foods along with their favorites and don't get upset if they don't want to try something.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2010