Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support

If the dad pays child support and he can't keep his child this summer (hes not sure where he will be living), and the mom sends the child to be with the grandmother for the summer, should he have to pay the entire child support or should it be split in half. With her paying half and him paying half (and the money going to the grandmother for the summer)?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (7)
  • It's STILL his child, so he still needs to pay child support. The mom may be giving the grandmother mother towards the child's expenses.

    Answer by Fallaya at 7:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • the ENTIRE child support

    Answer by Fallaya at 7:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • He has a court ordered child support payment that he is legally responsible to pay. Not you. Was this his idea? Dont monkey around with letting him out of child support ever. He will play this game over and over again. If child is going to Grandmas for the summer, its just as if the child is going to an extended summer camp. Doesnt matter where the child goes, he is still paying full! If you want to give Grandma some extra money, thats something between you and her

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • she isnt going to give the grandmother the support...she already said so...he's still going to pay, just wondering if it should be different

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • He should pay the entire amount of his court ordered child support to the grandmother (or to the mother and have her give it to the grandmother) and the mother should also be paying something to the grandmother for the child's care. Child support is not meant to be the entire support for the child, it is meant to be the father's portion of the child's support.

    Answer by missanc at 7:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • IF the child is spending the entire summer with the grandmother, then the ENTIRE amount of support should go to the grandmother.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • Should go to the grandmother ..after all the money is for what ever the child needs ...

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.