Are you raising your grandbabies ?

So many kids today are having kids ..I know a few moms who are having to raise there grandchildren because the parents are either too young or refused to take responsibilty ,,So it is put on the grandparents

sweethonesty520

Asked by sweethonesty520 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I know alot of 30-somethings who parents have to raise their kids too.... not just the young ones !
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 7:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• it's sad in a way, but atleast they get to stay with their family and have someone who loves them and will take care of them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• yes i agree you are right there are even 50 yr olds that do not raise there own kids sorry didnt mean to just be singling out the young ones
    Anonymous

• I helped my dd with her son but it was bc she was a minor and lived with me. I did NOT take on the entire responsibility for him. I guided her. I told all my children, they had them, they can watch them. I did my part being a single mom and now is my time. My grandson just told us he and his gf are having a baby and I congratulated them but told him, be good parents bc I'm not raising (or babysitting) your child. Figure it out on your own. People tend to think that grandmothers who don't work outside the home are always available to babysit. Not me. Unless it's necessary, I don't watch them much less raise them!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• My sister has come close a few times to loosing her son to me and my husband. But, she lives next door to us so, I do monitor how she is with her son. She knows if she screws up I will take her son. As it is now she only spends a couple hours with him everyday. I feed him, bathe him and dress him.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• The only way my mom would have to raise children again is if my husband and I were to die. We have five and I don't want them separated and my sisters as of now can't handle them.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• My mother is raising my brother's son. He's a really good boy and he's absolutely in the right place. My brother is a good person, he's not on drugs and he doesn't have any addictions - but he has some serious emotional and cognitive problems. He has PTSD that he has never dealt with from his life before he came to America. He was a refugee from Cambodia and the things he saw and the things that happened to his biological family are unspeakable. He's got a good heart, but he's had a really rough life.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2010