Hubby is tired of chicken and I can't eat ground beef. Any suggestions?

I use to be able to eat groundbeef, but a few months ago, I started to get sick every time I ate it. I have been cooking chicken here lately but hubby is getting tired of chicken. I try to mix it up by adding pork chops, fish, and steak every once in a while, but the majority of our meals are chicken. Also, he would never go for a non-meat meal. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Ground Turkey and Ground Beef taste almost exactly the same. Also try different things with pork. You can make pulled pork or stuffed pork chops. Also what about a lasagna or ziti with some Italian sausage or brown and serve sausage??
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 7:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• fish? try ground turkey instead of beef... do crab legs and such (they go on sale around here every once in awhile for AMAZING prices!)
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 7:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I didn't think of ground turkey. I will try that next time I go to the grocery store. Do you think my husband would be able to taste the difference?
    Anonymous

• Vegetables, beans.
    Anonymous

• We don't eat any meat. Our meals are based on legume, whole grains, vegetables and fruits.

Send me a message offlist if you would like some recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I love making pork tenderloin a variety of ways....with a spicy rub on the grill, with a maple dijon marinade on the grill (my current fav), in the crock pot with sauerkraut and apples.... always good, or pork tenderloin in the crock pot with green pepper, onion, baby potatoes and salsa verde, very spicy and delicious. We've also been doing ham and pineapple kabobs on the grill lately, easy and quick and yummy... or to spice up chicken, I have a great recipe for bacon wrapped chicken kabobs, also has pineapple...sweet and salty combo is to die for. We also love to make london broil sandwiches, we have a good marinade, grill it up, slice it real thin and then serve on crusty garlic rolls with arugula, fresh mozz, roasted peppers and horseradish sauce...omg, I'm drooling =) If you want more info on any of these let me know =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• ground pork ( make homemade springrolls- yummo!), ground turkey can be used just like beef , make small meatballs, pour a jar of pasta sauce over and top with grated cheese - bake. You can also buy a frozen turkey breast and bake it ( just like in the holidays) use however you like, Ham steaks with grilled pineapple, Can you eat beef that isn't ground? Buy a piece of steak, flatten with a mallet, cut into strips and make a stirfry - you can get away with about 150-200g meat and because you have flattened it , it looks like there is heaps of meat (for the bloke). Fish grilled, garlic prawns, ground turkey lasagne, skewers with meat ( eg lean pork, beef or chicken/turkey, prawns), & chunks of bell pepper, pineapple, onion.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Wow anon, calling her lazy because she doesn't want to cook two meals is stupid. OP, try ground chicken and/or ground turkey, both taste similar to ground beef although I think ground turkey has more of a sausage-y taste to it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• cook for yourself and him and your family something different. Dont be lazy! Im a vegetarian and I cook 2 meals. I dont make my hubby and kids be vegans. Its my choice so I'm the cook so I just do it.
    Anonymous