how can i make my self feel stronger when i feel like i am going to break down?

my husband is extremly addicted to video games and i feel like i am going to just explode any moment.sunday is cleaning day and he said he would help me but instead he is online playing video games and all of this work to be done is on me i feel so overwhelmed he is getting on my bad side and i just feel so worthless today.

amanda9069

Asked by amanda9069 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• He's the worthless one, not you. Tell him how you see these games are ruining your relationship. Tell him that if he can't put you and the kid(s) first, then you will be gone. Video games aren't real. You and the kid(s) are.
    Anonymous

• When my husband used to do that, I'd just sit the windex and paper towels in front of him on the desk. As soon as he'd grab them to move them out of the way, I'd tell him since he has them, he may as well use them. He got the hint. Most of the time he didn't realize he was spending so much time on there. We had a real talk about it, both of us calm, no tv or distractions and he's cut back on his gaming.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I would hide all of his games on cleaning day, and return them when BOTH of you are done. Treat him like the child he is acting like! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• thanks for the advice and i do tell him but he just loves this fucking game lol sorry for the cursing but i just want to cry right now i already had a serious discussion i already told him how i feel and he says i will moderate my gaming but he doesn't ever!!
    amanda9069

Answer by amanda9069 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I'd tell him to schedule cleaning time and when he was ready WE would begin. If he didn't help (and he had agreed to) I wouldn't do it either. On the other hand, I've never had a man that helped so I was always cleaning the house myself. It's probably why I enjoy living alone so much now! I don't make much of a mess so cleaning is quick and easy which leaves me lots of time to hang out at CM!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• oh and i have hiden his dumb games but he says i am a control freak when he is the one who asked me to do it so i decided i will try and show him that i want to trust him but he is totally stuck on his game! ahhh
    amanda9069

Answer by amanda9069 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• IF HE HAS MONEY FOR ALL THESE GAMES, YOU SHOULD HIRE YOURSELF A CLEANING LADY, YOU CAN NOT DO IT ALL. THESE MEN TODAY WANT IT ALL AND GUSS WHAT WE ARE NOT WONDER WOMAN. HE HAS SOME NERVE. AND IF HE HAS ALL THIS TIME ON HIS HANDS HE CAN COOK,CLEAN, TAKE CARE OF KIDS AND SO ON,. "HUGS" THEY HAVE NO BRAINS LEFT AT ALL!!!!
    Anonymous

• why do you let his actions define your self worth? he is a selfish ass - that's not a reflection you. my sister had alot of complaints with her husband and the computer games. if it were me i'd just go in there and say you're supposed to be helping. now. if he wants to act like an adolescent, treat him like one and take the games.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Do our men play together on there? lol, my DF is on a LOT...he doesn't work so I get po'ed too!! He doesn't do much honestly. Some days, I get really pissed, and others, like today, I just don't really care. I understand it's his way to escape and he understands that it pisses me off....If I really want him to get off, he usually does. If he doesn't get off and I NEED him to do something, I will just stay mad at him and yell at him. So if I ask him to do something, he usually does it (even if it is the next day).
    I don't know what to tell you, except don't let it get you down about yourself! Him playing has nothing to do with how you should feel about you! You should fell better, at least you can deal with reality and do what needs to get done! I had a big talk with DF and told him sometimes I want to "escape" too, and that it's not fair that he does it so often, he has gotten better since we had a calm talk about it.
    TJandKarasMom

Answer by TJandKarasMom at 10:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2010