healing after c-section. i had an emergency c-section this past thursday bc my son when into fetal distress.

what should i expect from the recovery with a c-section. and will my stomach ever go done again. i know it may never be the way it was before the pregnancy and delivery. but my exercises should i perform after healing properly to tone my muscles and get back in shape.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First take it easy. I am sure that you are already experiencing the pain of healing from a c-section. Everyone heals differently and some women take longer to heal than others. I took me over a year after my c-section before I was able to do a sit up without lots of pain. At your 6 week check up, I would ask your doctor what would be safe to do right then until 6 months postpartum, and from 6 months to a year. You may not be able to do everything right away. The important thing is to listen to your own body.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• You will recover...but you need to take it easy until your 6 week follow-up or you could make things worse for yourself. Talk to your doc, there are exercises designed to help after a c-section, but you need to let the muscles heal a bit first
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 10:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2010