pregnancy and smoking

Is any of you, moms, smoked during pregnancy ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no,but my mom did and I was 5 lbs and 11 days overdue!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I quit as soon as new I was pregnant. I wish I did it before.
    Anonymous

• I wanted to point out that due to her smoking during and afterwards,I was CONSTANTLY sick with one respiratory illness after another. Never stopped her from quitting though,even when the doctors DEMANDED that she stop or smoke outside for my health. She is now dying of COPD and is 66

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I feel horrible for admitting this, but I still have three a day at the MOST.
    I do plan on quitting though.

Also, my sister smoked with her 2 children, 3-4 a day, and they had a normal birth weight (maybe even a little hefty!) right around the EDD.

But I knew a few people who smoked heavily throughout their pregnancy's, and did have smaller babies.
    MrsAdorkable

Answer by MrsAdorkable at 8:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• i unfortunatley did smoke sometimes while i was pregnant. i quit for the first 3 months, then i smoked off and on. i would quit for 2 weeks, smoke for 2 weeks, quit , smoke , quit smoke, etc. until i was like 7 months i just started smoking 2-3 ciggs a day. my water broke at 34 weeks, i had a csection, and my son is perfectly healthy now. hes a year old, no problems, he weighs 25 pounds, doing great but i feel guilty everday and will forever. it was a horrible thing. i used to have nightmares and shit. its crazy that something had that much control over me that i couldnt stop for the sake of my child, but at that time i was young, alot more immature, and didnt realize how much i was going to love my baby. actually having him as matured me so much more, i would never do that again.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2010