How bad will it hurt?

I want to get a tattoo on my side (like the side of my ribs) but I'm terrified of needles as it is, and am scared of how bad it's going to hurt. Has anyone gotten a tattoo like that, and what was your experience? ...even just with tattoos in general.

bellaitaliapicz

Asked by bellaitaliapicz at 8:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• gonna hurt like a bitch! thats a sensitive area!
    Anonymous

• Everyone's pain tolerance is different. Mine is pretty low. i have a rose on my shoulder which wasn't all that bad at all. I have heard it is worse when going over a bone, so it will depend on how much....padding is around the ribs.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• um you're terrified of needles? And you just may have picked the most sensitive part of the body LOL - If it were me I'd get something small in a less painful place first - if you can't handle that, then you are not gonna enjoy the one on your ribs.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Haha...yeah I'm terrified of them. I always have been. Nothing wrong with wanting to overcome your fears!
    bellaitaliapicz

Answer by bellaitaliapicz at 8:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• My sister has a few tattoos and says it didn't hurt much. I've always wanted one, but I'm a little afraid, plus, when I see a needle I get giggly and when I get the shot or blood drawn, I go into pure hysterics, laughing like a crazed woman. I don't think that's go well w/the precision needed for a tattoo. Plus, I was with my sister when she got one and I passed out hearing the tattoo thing and watching it.
    If you can handle some pain, good luck. Hope it turns out good for you.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• If you are terrified of needles you can forget it! It hurts! Have you ever gotten a brazillian bikini wax? If not. I'd say don't even attempt a tattoo.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I hate needles but I did get a tat near my ankle. It hurt. A lot. I can only imagine on the side of your ribs will hurt even more. I'd pick a different area.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• For me it felt like little pin pricks. It was ticklish and a little painful at the same time. I have mine on my hip bone.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 8:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• You've had a child right? It won't hurt that bad!

Also, if you call around I'm sure you can find a place that will numb it first... There are a good bit of places here that will do it that way.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• My hubby has 10 tattoos, 2 are on his ribs and they are the only ones he will actually come out and say they hurt. But it all depends on the person. Also, get a female artist, typically they tend to have a lighter touch which makes it more bearable. My tattoo didn't hurt hardly at all, even hits ribs a little. The healing is the worst part.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2010