Really people? If you were in a horrible situation for having a/more children...

you would just refrain from sex all together? Birth control isn't 100% you know. ... RIght! Sure you would. Quit questioning 'why' people are having sex every time birth control fails... Get a grip.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Anon 32, If you have a healthy marriage, then sex is a part of it. Just because I like having sex w/my husband doesn't make me some addict. I have brains, thank you, I also think. Shit happens, birth control fails, unplanned pregnancies happens. Just because I can't afford to have another kid, I'm not going to stop having sex w/my husband. Sounds like maybe you should be having a little bit more of it. Either that or it needs to be better. No one who has good sex on a regular basis will tell another woman to not have sex w/her husband.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Yeah,like thats gonna happen.......If they're not smart enough to get sterilized,you think they're going to stop all together?
    Anonymous

• OP: 'smart enough to get sterilized' is not my issue. WHat if they do want more kids and are in a better situation later. It's when someone says I was on Bc/ used a condom, whatever and every one jumps down there throat about why they were havong sex.
    Anonymous

• Not having sex isn't going to be an option for most people. You CAN double up on bc,use a condom and the pill for instance. If you can afford kids later you can easily go off bc. I think asking people why they're still having sex is dumb. I think what they mean is why are you having unprotected sex if you can't afford kids.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• You know....it IS possible to live without sex for a long long time.
    And if you CAN'T live without sex,maybe you should consider seeing a Doctor and find out of you have some kind of sexual addiction. And if you don't want to see a Doctor,maybe you can decide whether or not having an uncontrolled sex life is really worth unwanted pregnancies.... since so many of you say that your birth control "failed".
    Get wise, get brains, THINK!
    Anonymous

• I think for single ladies being celibate is possible,but you try telling your hubby he's cut off for a few years and see what he says! Sex is an important part of marriage,it doesn't mean you're a sex maniac!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• 8:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 by: Kiwismommy19
    Anon 32, If you have a healthy marriage, then sex is a part of it. Just because I like having sex w/my husband doesn't make me some addict. I have brains, thank you, I also think. Shit happens, birth control fails, unplanned pregnancies happens. Just because I can't afford to have another kid, I'm not going to stop having sex w/my husband. Sounds like maybe you should be having a little bit more of it. Either that or it needs to be better. No one who has good sex on a regular basis will tell another woman to not have sex w/her husband
    ****************
    I am talking about single women without a committed relationship. Why have babies when you are single? If you are married, that is a different story. But,yeah,get better birth control. I would think my post would be easy to understand but...you didn't catch on ,did you? LOL.
    Anonymous

• Your post wasn't easy to understand. You never stated single ladies
    Anonymous

• If you are married, that is a different story.

Because the wedding ring is added birth control? Unwanted pregnancies happen to people in every situation. Not every married person would welcome a pregnancy. I've never had an unplanned pregnancy, but I know I would freak out if I accidentally got pregnant. I'm married and stable, but I am DONE having babies.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• am talking about single women without a committed relationship. Why have babies when you are single? If you are married, that is a different story. But,yeah,get better birth control. I would think my post would be easy to understand but...you didn't catch on ,did you? LOL.

****************
    I am unmarried, I have a toddler, and I'm in a commited relationship. Sex and children are not reserved only for the married. That may be a part of YOUR set of values, but it's not a part my mine. I'll have as many children as I want.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2010