I am 27 weeks pregnant and have a very bad toothache, i can not get into a dentist for another month, Tylenol has stopped working...i cant eat or sleep! any advice????

whatthefawna

Asked by whatthefawna at 8:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call your dentist and insist on an emergency appointment. It is NOT healthy to have an infected tooth and you are pregnant on top of it. If your dentist won't make an emergency appointment then find another dentist who will.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Find a Dentist that will see you on an emergency basis NOW. It is dangerous to have an infected tooth. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Wash your teeth morning and night and make sure to rinse with warm water. Even throughout the day rinse with warm water. Go to the dentist asap cause i think for some reason its bad for the baby. And I think when I went, the dentist told me not to use mouth wash cause it could be too strong for my toothache.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Ahh! I mean "brush" your teeth ^
    BrittanyD07

• could be that you're not getting enough calcium. drink more milk!! that happened to me when i was pregnant...and what i would do, is take a mouthfull of milk, and lean my head to the side that was hurting, and just let the milk sit in my mouth for a minute or two, surrounding the sore tooth...did that 4-5 times...i dont know how that helped..but it totally did!!!! its worth a shot!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I had to have a root canal at 20 weeks and that was horrible but necessary. Make an emergency appt with your dentist and get it taken care of. You will be glad you did after its over.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Calcium won't help a toothache---the toothache means the tooth is infected and she needs to see a Dentist NOW.
    Anonymous

Ditto!
    Call the office back and tell them that if they can't see you sooner you are switching dentists. Contact your insurance and find out other dentists that you can go to, and do it asap!
    Anonymous

• Calcium WILL help with a tooth ache. When you are pregnant, your baby is taking in lots of calcium, therefore you need to either take calcium supplements or like Alexis said drink more milk. But you do need to see a dentist, asap :) good luck
    Anonymous

Yep, do exactly that!!! You could try Ibruprofen, if you have some. The pain might eventually go away, but you still need to get into a Dentist ASAP!!! Don't wait around. Trust me, I went through plenty of nights with infected teeth and couldn't get any sleep until 2 or 3 in the morning. That sucks and I feel for you.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 10:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2010