when you make dinner...

do you make your husband a plate or does he make his own?
i almost always make it for him.

jennifer588

Asked by jennifer588 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I make it because I feel it is my duty as his wife, and yes I know that sounds very medieval. I LIKE to take care of him, I love laying his clothes out, cooking his meals, serving him food, etc. Honestly, I get mad sometimes when he fixes his own food for lunch or if he eats at a friends house..
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 9:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Well I 'm a SAHM so yes I make it for him. Sometimes he helps clean up too! lol
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I fix his plate.
    Anonymous

• he usually makes MINE....... unless it's something like tacos where people want their own things specifically.

I do the dishes, cleanup, shopping, meal planning, budgeting, etc but he does about 85% of the cooking for us. I, on the other hand, do 99% of our kids cooking. We're a strange bunch here, lol

If I am making something special, romantic, birthday/fathers day, etc then I'll make his plate up and serve him.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I serve up for everyone. Of course if he wants more he is welcome to add more, but with 4 kids (including a constantly starving 16yr old boy) I serve up to make sure everyone gets a fair share
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Yes I usually make up both our plates. It makes clean up after dinner much easier.
    Anonymous

• I would say half the time I make him a plate and half the time he gets his own. He asks me to get the kids and mine first so we get enough...because he's a big eater...he usually takes the rest!
    Anonymous

• I make it for him. Other wise he puts too much food on it and he will eat until the plate is clean. I often cook enough to have leftovers to use for other meals, but if my DH fills his own plate, he thinks that he needs to empty the pans and bowls or whatever that the food is in. He's very overweight and has type 2 diabetes, so if he's not going to watch what he eats, then I have to help him with that.
    Anonymous

• I make his plate. He has never asked me to, it just seems fitting.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I put the food in serving dishes when necessary and everyone serves themselves. If I'm up I'll offer to refill his drink and he does the same for me. If he's not able to serve himself, I'll gladly do it for him.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 6, 2010