Has your husband ever given you.............................

genital warts or hpv and didn't know he had it?? I know there is no way to tell if a guy has it and it can be hidden for years before it comes out.... If this has happened how did you deal with it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• No... Eww... And NO!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Oh boy. I never got them. But... One day we were in the light and I noticed 3 tiny bumps on him. I asked him what it was and he said pimples. yeah right I had him at the Dr. within a week. Turns out yup HPV. I was sick at first but after researching it and talking to a dr., found it it'sa very common thing and most of us are carriers but never have a breakout. I was tested after that and they said I have no signs of it. I get checked every year for everything.
    Anonymous

• no
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• We are monogomous and we were both virgins. No way for me to have contracted anything lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• he gave me herpes..he had gotten it when he was a kid (herpes in teh mouth) sooooooooo painful!!! I couldn't eat for a week till the doc figured out what it was and gave me the right meds...then my husband informs me he had that when he was a kid, and called his mom and she was like oh yeah, herpes...ugh i was pissed needless to say! Oh well, havn't ever had an outbreak since.
    Anonymous

• HPV, NOT genital warts. I got another kind. No symptoms except an abnormal pap. They want to keep an eye on it, but they said it's so mild that they don't do anything about it. Doc and research have shown me that about 80% of Americans will have it at some point in their lives, most of them won't ever know it because the most common strains are non-symptomatic and easily fought off by the body. The only reason mine was even found was because I was pregnant. I have to go in this month for a pap and they'll just have to run one extra test to see if I've gotten rid of it yet. Praying I have, though it may not matter since my hubby is a carrier. Not really a big deal, though a little inconvenient.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• op here-- doc hasn't told me that is what it is yet but I just have this gut feeling that is what it is, the other possibility it could be is skin tags becuase I am pregnant... I know my husband wasn't the smartest man in his young years just like most guys and I think it is so gross I hope it isn't it but it happens.. I love him to death and he feels sooooo bad about the whole thing.. He keeps saying I wish I could go back and change things :( me to.. We have been together for 10 years and i know 100% he has not cheated nor have I so I know it came from his past... none of this helps because I am pregnant with our 2nd child... I am just depressed about the whole thing....
    Anonymous

• the symptoms can be hidden, but normally getting tested yearly takes away those chances of "what if".

No my SO has never given me anything. We've been together on and off for 8 years. We both get tested EVERY year for these things. SO get's tested twice a year. He's an EMT and deals with a lot of different patients. Obviously there is a level of protection to take to protect yourself, but when you are pulling someones body out from a totalled car, threw broken glass, things can happen. So SO takes the time to make sure he is tested twice a year to make sure he is safe as well as me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• testing does not show positive a lot of the time till you show symptoms.. There are many different kinds of hpv the one for the pap is for the kind with cancer... Men do not have ANY kind of test they can take to see if they have it....

I have been tested for 10 years stright and it has never been dectected and I asked doc if that was weird and she said no...

ppl are tested yearly and get neg. results and then 25 years later break out with it... I know for a fact about that I have a family member that, that exact thing happend to them...
    Anonymous

• No, thankfully. We are divorcing now, but he didn't have much sexual history before me and I am clean so glad we have nothing thank God.
    Anonymous