ive been having bad back pain! in my hip and lowerspine andddd my tailbone

i have done nothing phsyical ! my lower back has been stiff & sore lately...especially when I stand up from a chair or when i bend over or just sitting a certain way.. and my lower back protrudes out of my body!..I'm starting to think it's from getting an epidural ...maybe I could be totally wrong i had my son 7 1/2 months ago .. please dont tell me to go to the chiropractor because we cant afford it and my doc didnt say anything about it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• pinched nerve or you could be like me and discover you have scoliosis!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Nope it's not from the epidural. Sounds like Sciatica.
    Anonymous

• yes i got Sciatica too. and it hurts just like how you are saying..if you dont have the money then go to the er and tell them whats going on and they will do let you know whats wrong...
    Anonymous

• Sciatia goes down the back of your leg like fire shooting down it. You can do exercises, mostly stretches to relieve the pain. Watch your posture while sitting also. Google lower back and hip stretches. It's amazing how much pain goes away with stretches.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• oh trust me I have been having these same problems. I posted a question yesterday about what I could do about it. Unfortunately all I got was go see a chiropractor. Today was the first day it actually let up some in over a week. I'm not sure what I did either. Since I'm 3 months pregnant now, there isn't a lot I CAN do about it, and no my insurance doesn't cover a chiropractor so that was out of the question for me too.

I did talk with my ob/gyn on the phone to see what I could take and would could be causing it... she said it could be a pinched nerve, I could have stepped wrong and slipped a disk, etc etc etc and without actually going to my reg doctor, they couldn't do much besides suggest to put ice on it, or use beyer cream (like icy hot). Since you aren't pregnant you can go to your reg. doctor, and they can at least x-ray or whatever your back.. continued.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• and prescribe you something for the pain.. otherwise, hopefully it will let up some.
    xxhazeldovexx

• That's the only advice I can give is to go to a Chiropractor. The one I go to costs about $47 for a treatment. I could barely walk and the Urgent care just gave me some pills. I took so many of those pills that it made me loopy, but didn't do anything for the pain.
    I was like that for a week and a half. After 2 treatments at the chiropractor, I felt so much better!!
    That's all I got for ya......sorry it wasn't much help.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 10:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• My epidural from my third pregnancy caused me to have a ruptured or herniated disc (they never did clarify that for me) and I had sciatica for many years. I was sent to therapy, given tons of pain meds, most of which I couldn't take because I worked and had to drive, and eventually needed a cane to help me walk. One morning I woke up paralyzed from my lower back down and my daughters had to call an ambulance. I had surgery right away on that disc, lots of therapy afterwards, and I felt so much better for a few years. I even donated my cane to AmVets! Then my back pain started coming back gradually until it hit so bad I couldn't stand up for longer than 30 minutes at the most. I was x-rayed and MRI'd and I now have osteoarthritis with a lot of bone spurs in the old surgical area. I went to a pain clinic and got steroid shots that did nothing and finally got an epidural, which helped for a couple of months. (con't)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• (con't) Now my back pain is gradually coming back again and I need a job, but I am limited because I cannot take a job that requires me to stand or lift. I am also afraid to go back to the pain doc because he acted as if I was faking the pain and my husband even asked if perhaps I was experiencing phantom pains. It hurts when you are in pain and the people who are supposed to support and help you don't believe you.

I'm sharing my story in the hopes that you seek help right away and not wait. If something isn't working to alleviate the pain then complain to your doc and seek other methods that will work. If you do not have insurance then see if you qualify to state help or medical loans. Your case may be minor and can be helped quickly, but it can get much worse when ignored.
    I hope you feel well soon.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:22 AM on Jun. 7, 2010