Did you go to college?

If you did, are you putting your degree to use or working in a totally different field?
I didn't go.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had three years , majored in English Education but I quit and got married instead, then worked in Banking and Finance. I am so glad I am not a teacher....the kids nowdays are little gangsters. WHewwww.....and you can't even try to discipline them because their parents would object. Of course their little babies are never wrong....and the kids in high school are much taller than I am. So....no ....didn't get my degree and I am glad. ;-)
    Anonymous

• nope

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Yes. I majored in Family Science. I use it every day.
    Anonymous

• I went to cosmetology school and never finished. I did however start doing accounting work at 16 at my father's restaurant in the office. After I stopped working for him. I always got good jobs and did well with accounting.
    Anonymous

• I have a BS in Intermediate Education. I am licensed to teach k-6, Learning Disabled and Mentally Handicapped K-12. I have my Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education, and I am taking the Praxis this summer to be able to teacher English grades 6-9. I have been using my degree for 19 years. In NC, as in other states, you have to take 15 hours of classes every 5 years to keep your license. I just figure if I have to take classes anyway that I might as well make them be more than continuing education credits.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• i went to a private college preparatory high school and then a really good private college, however, i dropped out after a year and a half due to depression. most of my credits are in philosophy. i took a college class (philosophy) while i was pregnant, another some years later in business, then completed a 14-month course to change careers. i am not really sure what a philosophy degree would be used for if i ever completed it other than teaching philosophy lol but it's what i enjoy among other things. i'm hoping to finish up a BA or BS one of these days and then get a masters of library science. my work has been mainly in health insurance account management and problem solving/consultative and graphic design and communications.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• nope, never did, i never knew what i wanted to do...im 27 and i still dont know..which is why i got with a company i love, and am working my way up the ladder!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Yes. I have my B.S. in Business Administration. I'm a Legal Transcriptionist and did not need my degree, although it has helped in some ways.
    Anonymous

• I am in college now majoring in psychology. I plan on becoming a counselor or a teacher.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 9:00 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I'm currently going to school. My major is Health and Physical Education with a minor in Communication. I use the Health part almost everyday to figure out what I need to do to stay in shape and healthy.

To anon that has a degree in Family Science. Do you mean Family and Consumer Science? I'd love to be able to teach that too but not sure how many extra classes I'd have to take? Andy tips?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 6, 2010