should kids see mum and dad naked . ie walking around after a shower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Depends on how old the kids are. Kiwi is five and still keeps me company when I take a bath, she'll even loofah my back (I say no at first because she's my kid, not my caretaker, but she insists, and I'll be honest, it takes care of the middle of the back itches I can't reach!). She doesn't see my husband naked though. She knows all bodies are different and a man looks different than a woman, but she also knows that it's impolite to try and see people naked, that it's private.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Yeah. Why shouldn't they? It's a natural thing and if you hide the human body from your kids they will just grow up confused and curious.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• No I don't think I would like my children to see either me or my Dh naked.... It's a privacy thing for ME, and I believe that they are too young to see those things.
    bina101679

Answer by bina101679 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Um, the human body is a natural thing. Of course. You mean to tell me, you never saw one or the other parent of yours naked when you were young? That's just pathetic.
    Anonymous

• I personally wouldnt be comfortable bathing with my 5 year old, but thats me. I dont think our naked bodies should be hidden, but I dont think we should show them off either. If a kid happens to see, then so be it. Just answer any questions in a matter of fact way and move along.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Meh, doesn't bother me. It bothers my husband, he's not usually naked in front of our daughter. I am all the time, though lol. She'll tell me "Mommy naked!" and I say "Yes, mommy's naked" and then she looks at my breasts and says "Nursin'?" lol. She's 2, I'm totally comfortable being naked in front of her. It's just a body, who cares? I'd feel the same for a son, too.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I believe once they get to an age that they know then they should stop coming in on mom or dad. I think it is fine for my girls to walk in on me, but not daddy cause they are girls and the same will go if we ever have a boy after he starts knowing things then he wont come in on mommy anymore, but daddy would be diffrent since he is a boy
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I completely agree with bina101679
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• There should be privacy and boundries set when kids are about 4 years old. I don't remember because it has been so long but I am pretty sure I never saw my parents naked and nobody in my family or the in-laws thinks it is appropriate to be naked in front of children. Modesty and privacy are very important.
    Anonymous

• My DD's see me totally naked, but they never see dh unless he's at least in boxers. They know nudity isn't something to be ashamed of, but it's also nothing we go showing people outside our house, and they know it's not socially acceptable to try to see other people nude.
    Anonymous