How would you get someone in trouble for FRAUD?

Sooo....Just wondering if anyone knows who I would contact to let someone know of a person who has been getting unemployment checks every two weeks from the air force but also has been working under the table or at least up until two months ago was. Would they need proof, bc I have proof in the form of the person admitting it through text messages. I am only trying to find out if I could get them in trouble so I can have some leverage because this person is threatening me and we have a child together so I need him to stay away. Is there a way I would be able to report this at all? he was making four times the amount of his unemployment checks but i dont think he got anything but straight cash from this side job.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Not trying to be a cruel person and i doubt i wuld ever use this but if I can at least scare him he might stop messing around and calling my phone at night.
    Anonymous

• You need to contact the employment agency and find out what to do to report it You can probably find a phone # online specifically for fraud prevention.
    Anonymous

• blackmail is also illegal. The most you can do, if you know it to be true, would be to contact your police department or unemployment office. Hard to do it anonymously though. They won't take you seriously.
    Anonymous

• How can you get unemployment if you are in the AF? Txt messages won't be admissible in court. Anyone could have written them on his phone which creates reasonable doubt. Just get CS from him and get a Restraining Order.
    Anonymous

Not true about the text, they can find out where it came from as long as it's not a pre paid phone.
    Anonymous

• Unemployment from the Air Force? There is no such thing.
    You are either in active duty and getting paid or you are retired .....if you have been in for several years,then retire,you get retirement pay and you can also work at another job.....so what is the problem????
    Anonymous

• Listen, I know what I am talking about. If you go oversees and come back they give you unemployment until you find a job, for at least 2 years. Its what is happening right now so dont tell me it cant be possible. On the side of that he was making money and its illegal, he has been told.
    What the f is wrong with the ppl on this site? "blackmail" is illegal. Well so is telling me he will take my child and never come back. I dont need advice about child support and i wasnt asking about restraining orders. I was asking who would care enough about his fraud to do something. Gosh damn read the question or go away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• OP,

Maybe you should talk to a lawyer or legal aid, somebody that is qualified to answer your question instead of giving hell to a bunch of mothers on CM who were only trying to help you out.

And with that I will go away.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Cash is going to be hard to prove. If he had been paid with a check then there is something to trace. I would hire a lawyer to help with the custody agreement so he will KNOW that he can not take your child away and if he does he will be arrested. Take care of ensuring that your child will be ok.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• why not just turn him in for threatening you?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2010