im planning my daughter's christening...ant tips??

its on fathers day sunday

Nai671

Asked by Nai671 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Entertainment

• We all went out to lunch after. That was nice. I got my son's Godparents cross necklaces. I got my Girl's Godparents saint pendents. Some people have cakes and invite the priest over afterward.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I don't get it? What is a christening?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Christening is the first blessing by a Priest in the Catholic/maybe Lutheran Religion. The Priest sprinkles the baby's head with Holy Water as a Blessing. It is Followed a few years later by a First Holy Communion and later by a Confirmation. Baptism is similar but the baby is submerged in the water.

Anyway, after the Church Christening which my whole family attended, I had an early Dinner at a Beautiful Restaurant for everyone. We rented out part of the Restaurant so we were able to bring in my Sons Graco stroller and he just slept in it in the reclining position most of the party. We Christened him at 3 months old.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My twins are being baptized that day too :) We're really not doing anything special for it though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jun. 8, 2010