Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do???

You and your 6yo daughter live with your sister and her husband. You have lived there since you left your husband a year and a half ago. Your sister decides she wants your daughter, you are not a fit parent (even though you work 2 jobs and provide for every need of your child's) so she tells you to leave and she keeps your child. Would you call the police and go get your daughter THAT night or would you wait a day, let your sister cool down and then go get your child? You have a place to stay (a safe place with a family who is like your parents and brothers), you have a babysitter for your daughter while you work (your heart mom is a SAHM) and there's even an extra bedroom for you and your child to stay in.


Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (20)
  • I am so pleased she has someone like you helping her to think clearly, and to take her back there for her daughter. I have a little girl almost 6yrs old and I can' imagine someone trying to take her away. Have you called the police to meet you there. It is often better to have it arranged so they arrive with you, it helps eliminate a long stand off while you wait for them, sis might just hand her over quietly if she sees it as an organised retrieval - it also shows the sister that you are prepared to take it to the cops immediately. IF you are in a decent area, it might help to go to the Police station and ask for their help in retrieving the child. Good luck, please come back and let us know what happens . Give your friend a big hug from me

    Answer by myheartx4 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • I would not have left without my dd but I would call the police and go get my dd if I already left. They have no right to keep your dd.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • Is this a trick question. It's my child? I don't leave the house without her. If I have to call the cops while I stand on the front lawn I do, so they can come and get my daughter out for me. Unless I am un-fit mother, smoking crack or drink driving, there is absolutely no way she isn't coming with me. I also mak sure I have all documentation that proves she is mine with me, so I can prove to the cops I am her mother. I then tell my sister she will never see or hear from me again.

    Answer by myheartx4 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • and I am assuming we are talking about you, so unless you are standing on her doorstep right now, get off the computer and go get your daughter. Even if you have to camp in a sleeping bag by her mailbox til the cops get there, you MUST show that at NO time did you agree to this, at NO time did you abandon your child, at NO time did you think it was better she stay there. It doesn't matter what your reasoning is, you have to show clearly that you never ever agreed to leave your child with your sister, Get your butt over there right now - ------ of course if you already did that - high five for you!

    Answer by myheartx4 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • I agree, I wouldn't have left without her. If I were kicked out and they had her I'd call the police.

    What is unfit about you (according to her)? Is drug use involved? If you have a serious problem, I'd take advantage of the fact that someone who loves my child is caring for her and go get some help.

    Answer by beckcorc at 9:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • I wouldn't have left the house without my daughter. So, yeah, I'd go back for her.

    Answer by kuriequinn at 9:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • I wouldn't have left without her, under any circumstance! Nobody's taking my kid!

    Answer by StellarJKD at 9:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • I wouldn't leave without my daughter. Period. If my sister doesn't like my parenting, she can report me... she doesn't get to decide she wants to keep her just because. ONLY REASON would be if I were doing drugs and I truly wasn't a fit parent.

    Answer by RutterMama at 9:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • What everyone else said, I am not going anywhere without my daughter.

    Answer by gramsmom at 9:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

  • If she locks you out of the house or something like that, saying that she's keeping your child, then call the cops ASAP and tell them that she has kidnapped your child. Because that's exactly what she's doing.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Jun. 6, 2010