why can my husband just not accept the way i want things? And who was right?

I wanted to go to walmart tonight and get a small kids size plastic pool just for my son to play in..it was $15. My husband found one that was like 3ft deep and 8ft wide with a pump for $50. I told him i didnt feel like dealing with cleaning that and messing with chemicals and i would just rather have the small one because it was just the right size for my son to have fun in. He wants to argue about it. I would be the one taking care of it and i just know it would be so much easier to deal with the small plastic pool that i could just dump the water out when we are done using it and it wont be so nasty. I know the truth is he is being a cheap ass and thinking he is going to save money by buying the $50 dollar pool because he thinks i would be using too much water with the little pool from dumping it. Anyways i won. I got my plastic pool but he is still pouting about it. I just want to know who yall think was right?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• You two sound just like me and my husband! I always want something specific because I'll be the one using it and caring for it but he wants something else. Usually something much more pricey. It's really annoying. I'm glad you got the pool you wanted since you'll be dealing with it!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• You're right, he's wrong. If you don't want to deal with cleaning a pool, don't get it. Otherwise the money goes to waste.
    Anonymous

• It shouldn't be who is right or wrong. You both should have compromised
    Anonymous

• You were totally right. That big things sounds like a pain in the butt! Just tell him you'll use the water from the pool to water the grass and the garden when you're done!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:08 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I think if I was buying a pool for my kids... I'd pick the one i wanted them to use, considering I would be the only one taking them out to use it. If thats the case, it should be your decision, besides.. the pool you chose is cheaper... You can try to conserve water all you want, but at the end of the month.. it will barely even matter..
    Anonymous

• your right, hes right - you are assuming a nasty motive, but maybe the larger pool will be more practical when your kid is bigger, and you can also fit in with him. You say he is being a cheapskate by spending and extra 35 dollars - weird logic in that argument.
    Gotta wonder why you argued over a kiddie pool - you could have still got the bigger one, and not filled it too full, and dumped the water. So now, he's shitty, you're shitty - do you think either of you really won this one? Sometimes you need to just not argue. Just concede and let him get the one he wants - it wouldn't have destroyed your life, but it might have stopped you feeling crappy right now.
    Anonymous

• no, i'm saying he is being cheap by thinking he will save money on the water bill. not the pool.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• i was willling to get the bigger pool under one conditon...he takes care of it..but he said no that he wasnt going to be the one using it. So i said exactly! I don't want to fuc* with taking care with a pool either so lets just get the small one.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Not sure a compromise would have happened in this case...the two items are clearly very different and there's no gray area here. That being said, I think you made a very good point and if YOU are the one taking care of it, he should listen to what you have to say.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I think if you're the one taking care of it, then it should be your decision. I would tell him to get over it already.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 11:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2010