herpes and sex (tmi)

So I just found out that I have herpes. and I'm wondering if you do how does it affect your sex life? can I still recieve oral sex if I'm not having an outbreak or is that over for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• You can, but the person giving it will get herpes too.
    Anonymous

• and you should avoid sex oral during a breakout
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 10:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• You should not let anyone there or have sex during an outbreak. I heard Valtrex keeps in under control.
    Anonymous

• My MIL takes Valtrex and that keeps her herpes under control. She has had it for a few years and she hasn't had an outbreak in 18 months she takes Valtrex daily.
    Anonymous

• OP here* ok I said NOT during an outbreak I;ve only had one and not once the entire time did sex or any sexual acts sound appealing, so can we drop that part of it please
    Anonymous

• Why don't you ask your Doctor about this stuff? We aren't professionals. And I think it IS TMI and in bad taste. Sorry, it just is .
    Anonymous