I need help! Urgent!

I am 20 years old. I am on birth control & I'm pregnant- about 5 weeks if I calculated correctly. I'm in the middle of a very messy & difficult divorce. The child is not my stbxh's. I have no job & no money. Even planned parenthood charges at least $350 for an abortion. I need to know what I can do. I can't afford to keep the baby but I don't have $350 (or more) to pay for the procedure. And not just from a financial stand point, but there are so many other reasons why I can't keep the child, including danger to my health. Does planned parenthood work with patients at all? (I plan to call in the morning) Are there any options for me at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Planned parenthood does work with people. I have only gotten birth control though them, but my birth control is free because of my income (or lack of). Call them in the morning, they also have a website you can go to that may offer some info. Ask if they do a sliding scale or if they would do a pmt plan or something.
    Good luck, I hope everything works out for you, it sounds like a tough situation for you right now (you can PM me if you want...I went through a divorce at 20 also, I was seeing someone else....feel free to PM me if you need to talk).
    TJandKarasMom

Answer by TJandKarasMom at 10:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Planned Parenthood does have a sliding scale.

If you are mature enough to have sex, you should be mature enough to discuss how to handle an unplanned pregnancy before having sex.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• You're saying you can not carry the baby?
    ( If you are healthy enough to do so, you can put the baby up for adoption. )
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• No I have several medical conditions that pose a threat to myself and a fetus
    Anonymous

• If you aren't healthy enough to have children.. Then you don't need to be having sexual encounters.. Seems irresponsible to me! Don't lie down and allow yourself to get pregnant if you can't step up and take care of the child!!
    Anonymous

• Also.. I am 20 years old.. And I have a couple of medical conditions that could endanger me while pregnant.. But I just found out that I'm pregnant again, and I would NEVER get an abortion. I have been taken off all medication that poses a health risk to my baby. Sounds like you just dont want to be pregnant because you are legally married still to your husband!!
    Anonymous

• Wait a fucking minute....by your fucked up logic anon 11:26 NO ONE should have sex ever, since you never know if there will be complications. That is the stupidest most ridiculous bullshit argument I have ever fucking heard.
    Anonymous

• and as for you anon 11:28- my "dear" husband beat me just about every fucking day. And I did all I could just to get out of there alive. I was lucky. You're damn right I don't want to be married to his ass. I am not going to sit around waiting for him to give me a damn divorce, meanwhile he is out banging any chick who has a fucking pulse. In case you somehow managed NOT to read the entire post, I am on birth control. But birth control is NOT 100% effective.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE COMMENTS TO THIS GIRL. HOW COULD YOU LADIES BE LIKE THAT. THIS GIRL HAS TURNED HERE FOR SOME HELP AND THIS IS THE SUPPORT YOU ARE GIVING HER."SHAME ON YOU". INSTEAD OF GIVING YOUR NASTY COMMENTS HOW ABOUT SAYING TO HER EVERYTHING WILL BE ALL RIGHT. SHE DOES NOT HAVE TO GIVE SUCH DETAILS OF HER LIFE. I JUST DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS SITE ANYMORE..DOWN RIGHT RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANYWAY I WISH YOU LUCK IN WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE TO DO. I SEND YOU LOTS OF HUGS!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Well she is coming onto a site called CafeMOM and asking about an abortion?! What reaction did she expect LOL?! My best advice would be either A- Stop having sex til your divorce is final B- Use condoms, birth control, AND make the guy pull out or C- Get yourself fixed if pregnancy is too "dangerous"

There are many people in this country alone that can not have children.. And here you are on CafeMOM seeking advice on an abortion!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2010