Is there a family member thats so negative that you dont want to be around them?

My aunt is that way and Im so sick her being negative about everything. She never says anything positive shes constantly in everyones business. We disagree on alot of things because I have my own opinion and my own mind. My aunt fails to realize that Im a grown woman and I make my own decisions and my own mistakes. Im tired of her putting everyone down, being negative about everything. If shes says something nice about someone its like, "wow she said something nice". We had a disagreement and I told her how I feel. We didnt get to say everything to each other but I did get to tell her how i felt practically my whole life. I was my grandfathers only grand daughter and shes his only daughter so Im finally realizing what issue I assume she has with "me". Ive never asked her. I could write on and on.
What I want to ask is would you still tolerate your family member? Or would you just not be bothered with her?

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My brother isn't really negative, but he's violent, immature, disrespectful, loud, and a convicted felon. He's not allowed to be around Kiwi, except for a few minutes at family functions, and never w/out me right there with her. I don't think he'd just out of the blue hurt her, but it seems everything sets him off into one of his fits and you don't know what he's going to throw at who or who he's going to yell at and I don't want Kiwi around that.
    He sometimes lives w/my mom when he's not in jail and she knows, and while she doesn't like it, she understands that I don't want Kiwi there w/out me if there is a chance he'll be there.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Well, it's not so much that she's "negative", but my aunt is just a horrible person. She took every dime of inheritence from her mom that her mom stole from her dad (I mean literally she took every cent from shared accounts and put it in her name), and then refused to help care for her dad (who was nothing but good to all his children) when he was dying of prostate cancer.
    Anonymous

• Is there "a"...haha. let me re-write your question..HOW "MANY" FAMILY MEMBERS THATS SO NEGATIVE THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO BE AROUND? I have like 5. That may be where i get some of my bitterness from...but i'm nowhere near as coldblooded as them.
    I have put most of them out of my life and i try my best to avoid the others. You should do what makes you happy and if it cause you stress to be around this woman then don't have her in your life.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• yeah,my mom!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Im so sick of her!!!!
    rosesrred1

Answer by rosesrred1 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• My mom, my aunt...so on and so forth. I believe my son and I are the only sane folks from either side of my family. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Yes, and I finally cut her out of my life about four years ago. We're just healthier without my mother in our lives.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Everyone in my family who is still alive.
    They aren't worth the air I breathe.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:02 AM on Jun. 7, 2010