Do your children have any nicknames? What are they? Where did they come from?

Kiwi is my daughter's nickname. I didn't REALLY name her after a fruit! I was pregnant w/her when Gweneth Paltrow named her kid Apple and my husband and I joked about changing her name to a fruit. Her first name starts w/a K so we just picked Kiwi because it was the first K fruit we thought of. It was meant as a joke that stuck. Now I use it because I'm not comfortable putting her real, full name on the internet for the world to see.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I call my daughter Monkey or Monkey butt. I don't know why, but she's always been monkey to us. And she has lived up to her name ever since she got mobile.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 11:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• monkey,for obvious reasons

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• my husband calls our son Frank... his name is Graham
    Anonymous

• I've been thinking the whole time that her real name was Kiwi! Thought it was kinda cute and unique, though. I call mine "bubby", not sure why. But he's also my "sweety-pete", even though his name is Lex (also a nickname!)!
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• my boyfriends birth mom (who is crazy) calls my daughter Lyric "Leelee" which i think is stupid. she calls her that cause she's jealous that her middle name is after his step mom, who raised him. Leigh is the birth moms middle name. my boyfriends sisters and i call her "Ricky"
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• We called my son Dudeman. LOL It sounds more like Dooman when we say it though. No real reason, just did it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• nugget. because he always wants chicken nuggets anytime we go out to eat. so i tell him he is my lil nugget or he will turn into a nugget. We call him nuggy too =) He gets mad if we say it in a brittish voice.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I wish they did...nothing ever really stuck. We call my son Bud or Buddy, my brother calls my DS chubs and has since he was a baby.
    We have been reading the Fudge books and it made me really think I wish we had given them nicknames, lol. But my DSs name is Thomas and we call him TJ. That's it though. Nothing fun around here : / Kara is just Kara, I tried Kara-Beth (middle name is Elizabeth) but even that didn't stick, lol.
    TJandKarasMom

Answer by TJandKarasMom at 11:00 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I call my daughter Peepie. It started as a game when she was a baby, and she just lit up when I said it, if she crawled out of the room and I called peepie she came right to me so I started calling her that all the time and Im pretty sure everyone in the family all call her something different though her daddy calls her boogabear, my mom calls her LaLa, and her cousin calls her Doober not sure why or how any of those names came about though.lol
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• My son was "sweet pea". I don't remember how it started. Sometimes i still call him "pea" now. There are no P's in his name!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2010