Online colleges

Does any one know of a good online college for military spouses or just one were I can re learn the basics?

Momma2James

Asked by Momma2James at 10:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in

• I actually wrote an article about this.  I have several sites listed in this article:

How to Get an Education Without Going to School

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you. Check to see if there are open jobs in this field, too

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I can recommend two. The first one is University of Maryland University College. They offer online classes as well as face to face classes on posts in Europe and in Asia. I attended this college while I lived in Germany. The professors are great and the online classes were challenging but not too hard. The second college is Columbia College of Missouri. They offer online degrees and face to face classes on several Air Force and Army posts. The great thing about both of these colleges is that they are state colleges (so they have a relatively low tuition rate) and you can use your Mycaa scholarship.

http://www.ccis.edu/

http://military.umuc.edu/

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2010