Can someone please help me im 25 never been preg ttc for 1year doc put me metformin do anyone kno anything about this med please help me..

shanelhope

Asked by shanelhope at 10:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It helps clear up polycystic ovaries syndrome so you can ovulate and the egg can be fertilized

Answer by admckenzie at 10:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• google it
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• can i get preg if i hav pcos

shanelhope

Answer by shanelhope at 10:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Yes, you can get pregnant. PCOS is partly due to certain hormones being low. The Metformin is a diabetic drug that helps the hormone level regulate. Some women get pregnant on Metformin alone and some also need a fertility drug (usually Clomid). The Metformin does mess with your tummy, but will will level out over time. Stay close to a bathroom for awhile when you take it and make sure you take it with a small meal or snack. PM me if you need to, I am on Metformin for PCOS also.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• You need a new doctor. Your doctor should have taken the time to explain the issue, treatment options (included alternative/nutritional options), benefits and side effects of the medication.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I have PCOS and have 3 children, two of which were conceived with no help at all. For the 3rd I had to take metformin and actos and fertility drugs (I was 10 yrs older than you are now.) Many women have good luck with just the metformin or metformin and clomid. Your doctor should have take more time to explain everything to you.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:17 AM on Jun. 7, 2010