Honoring her last wishes. She didn't want a funeral. I want to give one anyway. What do you think?

I know I'll get bashed into oblivian by the haters but I honestly feel that funerals are a healthy way for the living to pay their last respects and to get closure when somebody they love passes away. Please give me your KIND opinion on this. Should I respect my sisters last wishes or have a funeral anyway? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Why not have a wake instead. A party in her honor.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I agree with you. And she's dead. It wont affect her.
    Blaiden

Answer by Blaiden at 11:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Don't do it. Please. You don't know if she is watching you or not and if she is do you really want to not think about her.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Why would you want to go against her wishes? My not have a memorial party for all the family? No one really needs to see a coffin or a body or an urn. Yes, it's for the living, but it doesn't have to be a funeral.
    Anonymous

• I don't want one. I would rather my family get together and have fun together than sit in some stuffy church/funeral home while some guy goes on and on about god. I'm not religious though.
    Don't do it if that's not what she wanted. Get everyone together and have a party to celebrate her life instead.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• You and the family need closure, find the closure you need. Isnt it so awful that we write please dont bash as part of our posts now, such mean girls in here!
    Anonymous

• throw a party... thats what i want to be done for me... as well, i will FORCE my daughters to go on a fun vacation. ha! i'm going to be cremated... and i will make sure the money is set aside for a cruise for all 3 of them to somewhere exotic... then a flight to uganda where i want my ashes dispersed. i don't want people feeling sorry for me. i'll be just fine.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 11:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• i would not. it sounds like she would want to be remembered in her good times. i as sorry for your loss. "HUGS"
    Anonymous

• You can have a family gathering at someone's house and remember her kindly there with other family members , but do not violate what she wanted. My mom never really took pictures and I wanted to take one of her in her casket at her funeral, I had the camera and everything but because I knew deep down she would not have wanted me too, I could never get myself to do it. I had the camera aimed and pointed and just could not do it.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• anon 29. that must have been so hard for you. Actually, i want my children to remember me in life and not in death. You honored your moms wishes. I will tell my children the same thing.
    Anonymous