Still got a tan after 50 sunblock?

We went to the beach last week. I had a ton and I mean a ton of 50 sunblock on my daughter. We were only there for 2 hours and we had an umbrella. She still got color. My mom said we still get tan but we will not burn. Do you get any color with sunblock on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes and I use 75.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I do. I use and obscene amount of sunscreen if I'm out for more than 5 minutes, but even reapplying every half hour, I still get a light tan. Not sure why. Luckily Kiwi doesn't have the problem.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• HA HA HA I burn with 70. Sunblock is a sham!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Yes--every summer!
    LindyCam

Answer by LindyCam at 11:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• My sister is crazy with the block & her kids still end up with sandal lines by the end of the summer! It happens!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I use like 70 on my kids and they still tan. They are half black and get so so dark in a short amt of time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• tanning is your skins natural defense against the sun. it's a good thing that you are tanning cause that's your skin protecting itself. what sunscreen does is prevent damage and aging. also no one needs a sunscreen past spf 30 because spf 15 blocks 96% of uv rays and 30 blocks 98%
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I get burned no matter how high the SPF, how often I apply it, what type of clothing I wear, or what blockage the umbrella provides. I have to be in the shade of a roof or indoors to not get burned. I have very sensitive skin to the sun. My oldest daughter is like me, but my younger two daughters take after my husband and my grandfather take after him and her bio-father - they don't burn, they tan very nicely.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:47 AM on Jun. 7, 2010