Best age to space out kids?

My daughter is 2. I'll be 32 in July. I think I should do it soon because of my age. Any gap that worked for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My kids are 5 years 2 months apart. It's working out great!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I have a 2 year old and a 2 month old. It gets tough sometimes, but I wouldn't change it. My brother and I were 2 years apart and we have always been close. I want my kids to have the same kind of bond.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Me and my sister are 5 years apart. We've always been close but I do feel "motherly" towards her. We currenlty only have 1 so we're dealing with space issues too.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I would never have my kids closer than three years apart. I want them to be able to do things for themselves and not rely on me so much so I can do stuff for a newborn. Plus, it gives the body more time to heal and you can concentrate on one kid at a time instead of constantly having to do them both because they are so close together and doing the same thing. I also think that when you space them out you have something to look forward to. My son will be three this year and I'm looking forward to having more kids. He'll be able to actually be a big brother instead of just another baby.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I should say that I think they shouldn't be overly spaced out. I have four older brothers-41,42, 39 and 28. So obviously I didn't really grow up being too close to them. In fact, I don't know anything about them.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• One of my sisters is 13 months younger, this is too close. Everyone treated up like twins and it was annoying. My older sister is 4 years older and that was too much. So I would say some where in between. maybe 2 1/2 -3 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My older 3 kids were each a year apart (15 months and 13 months) and I preferred that over the 3 1/2 years between #3 and #4 or the 4 years that will be between #4 and #5.
    #4 is 4 now and my other kids are 7, 8 and almost 10 and she doesn't have much in common with them and grew up super fast trying to keep up. It was rough having a toddler and older kids who wanted to do things older kids want to do (arts and crafts and playing with tiny toys, etc) and they couldn't because of the baby. Then they were all in school and she was home alone bored all the time.
    Now I get to start all over with the next one.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:20 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• IDK.. my DD is two right now, and I'm expecting. My daughter will be just about 3 when this baby comes (so long as this baby isn't a week and a half late and born on my DD's birthday!!!)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• There is a 2 1/2 year gap between our first & second children, and again between our second & third children. It was nice because the older one was out of diapers and in a bed by the time the next baby came along, but in retrospect I wish I had spaced them about 3 or 3 1/2 years apart so I could have had more time with each one.
    The problem I am running into now is that they are older. It seems we finished with proms and graduation for the oldest daughter and then turned around to have to do it all over again with our second daughter. It just seems that the experiences were too close together. I love that each daughter and experience was different, though.
    We have one daughter left and she begins her Junior year in HS in the fall so we have another year to save up for all her expenses.
    Girls are really expensive in their Senior year, it seems!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:35 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• The best age gap for me is none! I only want 1 kid.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2010