Does anyone else have ungrateful siblings, or other relatives?

This is sort of a rant...last year when I split from my husband I took my children and moved back home since its impossible to find a suitable apartment under 1200 a month - which is ridiculous. I pay my mom rent, help with the bills, buy some of the groceries, and do my share of cooking and cleaning. My brother also moved back home when he and his fiance split. He occasionally gives my mom money and he'll buy himself groceries but that's it. My mom has given him money to help fix his old car and my dad just co-signed a loan so he could get a new car plus from the time my brother was 19, he is now 28, my dad has been paying his car insurance (he was on my dad's policy up until he got this new car two weeks ago). My mother doesn't drive - she never has and usually gets a ride to work from either my dad or aunt but they both have to be at work hours before my mom in the morning...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• ...so she asked my brother and he's irritated because he won't be able to sleep in and asked why she always has to get scheduled for mornings on his days off. He says he'll take her so she won't have to take the bus but bitches about it making my mom feel guilty and then she gets mad too and I understand why. I want to scream at my brother sometimes - he's 28 years old, I'm only 24 but am more responsible and grateful for everything my mom has done. I would take her to work but I don't have a car. I make far less money than my brother and have two children to support.
    Anonymous

• At least he takes her. My dd wouldn't take me to the doctor a few months ago even though she had to pass by it on the way to her doctor appt in another town.
    Anonymous

• He is an ass! I'd be telling him right off! You have your right you are an adult too! Screwwwwwwww that.
    Anonymous

• Everyone has "those" relatives.

Just do the best you can and leave the feelings of resentment alone. It won't do you any good in the long run. Your parents allow your brother to act this way and its up to them to correct it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I agree with lstrickland, you parents apparently have been dong this and supporting him for a long time and probably won't stop. Just continue to do your part and soon enough you will have your own place. My brother is the most selfish person I know, I cannot even tell you the antics he has done. Well maybe one..he calls me up and begs me for money saying he has no money for food and so I send him some and come to find our from another relative he was holding on to his money. Ain't that a blip?
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• yes, I have a few of them. (not siblings, but relatives)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:30 AM on Jun. 7, 2010