I think 2 is too soon to be potty trained.

Yes my daughter knows all about it but she won't "go" on the potty. I am not going to force her. She will go when she is ready. Why do some people force their kids to do something they aren't yet comfortable with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• "Why do some people force their kids to do something they aren't yet comfortable with?"

Because they don't want to change diapers. I am with you...kids will go potty when they are ready. I pushed my oldest too soon and he peed his pants until he was 5. My middle child we let decide when to go pee in the potty and he potty trained himself three months before he was 3 and has NEVER had an accident. We are doing the same with our youngest. He knows about the potty and uses it before bathtime and if he wants to at diaper change time, but we are not pushing.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Maybe because they can't afford diapers?!
    Anonymous

• MY DAUGHTER IS THE SAME WAY AND SHE DOES KNOW AND I KNOW SHE CAN DO IT BUT SHE IS JUST NOT READY YET. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING BUT STAND ON MY HEAD!!!MY DAUGHTER IS 2.5. I JUST HAVE RUN OUT OF IDEAS.
    Anonymous

• If that is what you want to do, then do it.... So what. :)
    My dd was trained at 18months.. She loved it & felt like a big girl, there was no force, she just "got it".... So what :)
    Every child & parent is different, just because you/ your child is doing something, or not doing something doesnt make it the right choice for everyone else :)
    As a parent we quickly need to learn to not put our values on others & to not let others put their values on us. especially when it comes to our kids & how we raise/ teach them (unless it is abusive)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• MommaTasha...your baby was ready then. The OP is talking about parents that try to force the issue and get angry when their kids "refuse" to go potty.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I did that to my now preschool, and she learn by her self because she saw me going and she would make me sit her in her potty,,,GOOD LUCK!!
    vania_jmz

Answer by vania_jmz at 11:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• 18 months? I doubt that very much. Even the brightest kids really can't grasp the fact of going on the potty at that age.

If they can't afford diapers then they should have kept their legs closed!
    Anonymous

• I agree. I'm not even attempting potty training until my daughter is closer to 3yrs old.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:46 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• i agree.. as much as i would love to have my son potty trained at 2, i'll just have to wait a year until he is two to see if he's ready or not.. i already got stickers and a crown to celebrate his potty time lol lame i know.. i'm so early in planning lmfao
    for those who forces their kids.. think of all the laundry you'll have to do and them smelling like piss before you wash it.. would you rather have that.. or wait till they're ready?
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:50 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• Not every kid acts like that at 2.. My 5 year old, I started potty training at 15 months and he was ready. My almost 3 year old was potty trained a couple of months after he turned 2.
    Blaiden

Answer by Blaiden at 11:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2010