im a stay at home mother of 3 and i live with chronic pain every day. help??

i was hit from behind in a car accident almost7 years ago. i was 9 months preg with my oldest son. it jammed my left shoulder really bad and my neck. for a while i just lived with it but it kept gettin worse. ive done the whole check list to fix this and nothins workin.im on percecet 10s now and they arent helpin at all. along with depression meds that r suppossed to help with the pain as well. im a very smart woman and i know i have become addicted ti the pain meds but im just doin everything my doc says to so hopefully someone will fix whats wrong. im going to a specialist and pain managment place in july. im praying they r gonna figure it out. i cant live thi way forever. does anyone have any ideas that could help?

car19966

Asked by car19966 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Health

• I have no clue but im so sorry hun. wish i knew what to do
    cafemom45

Answer by cafemom45 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• have you gone to a chiropractor????? and if you have gone, did you do it consistantly? Sometimes accidents can cause a lifetime of problems.....which means you should go to a chiropractor for adjustments regularly. Pain meds only mask the symptom of the real problem that lies within your body.....pain means your body is telling you something. Get xrays and make an apt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• i agree with anon!
    you have been living with this pain now for so long, intense long term therapy may be needed. it is not uncommon to see a chiropractor 3 times a week until your body starts holding the adjustments.
    start asking people if they know a good chiropractor.
    good luck...
    i wish you a pain free future!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:27 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I was also going to suggest a chiropractor!! I'm so sorry. I get frequent migraine headaches but I'm not nearly in as much pain as you. It's hard when Mom doesn't feel well!! I hope you find something that helps!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• yes i have been to the chiropractor so long that he finally said i didnt need to come anymore it wasnt gonna help. imagine that a doc actually sayin he doesnt wanna keep takin ur money lol. it is very hard to deal with every day. ive dont massage therapy, orthopedic and many other specialist. im actually goin to a spine specialist in july but its also pain man. i dont want to take pain meds forever so hopefully they will figure it out. ty all for ur comments and support. its nice to know people care out there.
    car19966

Answer by car19966 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2010