Why am I like this? Feel like everyone else is happier than I am, upset that I don't have a house & I'm always wishing why can't that be me, what a terrible way to be! Is it depression , jelously I really want to change this behavior any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• there is nothing wrong with wanting more. you can hope wish and plan for the home you will have one day. dreams are good :) you should also realize that the grass is usually greener on the other side. maybe other people have homes, but maybe they are upside down in their mortgage. maybe they do not have good health. maybe they are not happy where they are right now...just like you.
    no matter how much money you have or how much stuff you have, there will always be someone with more!
    quite often more stuff means more debt.
    like others have said, focus on your positives! each day count your blessings.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I am the same way, I could also use some advice lol, it sucks feeling that way.
    Anonymous

• It is called being american and materialistic. The rest of the world is quite content with whatever they have and their quality of life is built by the experiences they accumulate and not by the material possessions. Education is the key here. The more educated you are, the less you will have this problem.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Practice being content.

Count your blesssings that you do have. And make goals to attiain the things you want. If you want a house then start saving for a down payment. Even just saving a few hundrend dollars a year is something.

Figure out what makes you happy in life and what God has already blessed you with. Then work towards your other wants in life.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:10 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I say stop and count your blessings for what you do have? I used to do until recently. I got back into church and started looking at my life in a positive way. Im a single mom, whose baby father left me with the baby and got married to a girl with no kids and now they have a kid on the way that he is so excited about. I used to always ask what was wrong with me, why not me. But I stopped and took a look at myself and starting thanking GOD for what I have. I have an apartment, a job, a career, a profession, 2 degrees, a healthy beautiful baby and money in the bank. So I have alot to be thankful for. I always look at it as there is always someone out here who is doing worst than me and you.

My pastor said today in church that GOD cant bless you with greater things when you dont appreciate the little things that he has already given you.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• sadly I am like this too! I try to appreciate what I have and realizw my kids are heathy and thats all that matters but sometimes its hard especially if you struggle. We do so its hard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• You need to find a therapist. You are depressed.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:59 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• seems like you need to look at your life and see waht you APPRECIATE IN IT. look inside yourself and make some choices and changes in your life and how you view things. i also think possibly a therapist is not a wholy bad idea.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:02 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• You need to look into your positives instead of your negatives, don't compare to others we are all different and learn to appreciate what you do have.

Answer by older at 7:22 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• You need to change your attitude and start to make some goals for yourself.
    We rented apartments, duplexes, and houses for many, many years wishing we could be like "everyone else" and own our own house.
    Well, for the heck of it, we decided to go to a mortgage company to find out what it would take for us to own a house that matched our needs and we found out that we already qualified! We were afraid because we had $0 for a down payment, but because of our excellent credit and our income, it was worked into our mortgage payments.
    Go find out what it would take for you to own a house and then work yourself towards that goal. You can do it if you really want it!!!
    My husband and I were 40 years old before we owned our house. It's never too late.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2010