What extracurricular activities are your child(ren) involved in?

Looking for options for my 5 yr old daughter. She was in dance this past year and i was just trying to think of some other options that we could look into. When you list an activity could you please also include how much it cost monthly. Thanks!!
Hillari

hilmom

Asked by hilmom at 12:04 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• taekwondo - we got a good deal, like $300 a year

considering gymnastics - $65 a month
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My 5 yr old will start piano sometime this summer. He is also into a role playing group called Heroes Destiny, as are his older siblings.

I am going to try to get him into karate or tae kwondo.

And his school will offer a variety of after school activities each semester, which will give him something fun to do while his brother and sister are in sports practices.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:50 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My 8 yo daughter and 10 yo son play Upward basketball - $100/season for a roughly 10 week season (our local Upward does 2 seasons/year, but many only do one although some places offer Upward soccer as well). They also do Odyssey of the Mind through school, but that's only for 3rd grade and up - free.

Answer by missanc at 6:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My 5yo daughter does the following:
    Piano: $70/month
    TaeKwonDo: $40/month
    Street dancing: $40/month
    Drama: $50/month

She loves every one of her activities and I don't know which one to stop when she's in first grade..
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 7:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My 5 year old will start karate in the fall. We could have started this summer, but it's too stinkin' hot. At the rec center, it's $50 for 10 classes, 1 week per class, which is good for 5 year old. The uniform is $25. The belt is $15 and the tournament is $15.

When he is old enough, I think 7?, he will also be a cub scout.

My daughter, 10, also does karate (same prices) and Girl Scouts, which has varying costs.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:23 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• none, she is 8. She has never settled with wanting to stick through anything. Still trying though! There HAS to be something my child will enjoy doing! Very frustrating!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Our 8,6, and 4 year old all do league bowling from september until may. It is 6 dollars a week per child, but includes shoe rental and 2 games as well as each child gets a participation trophy at the end and has a chance at a medal for high game etc. They love it and weather doesnt' matter (we live in ohio).
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 8:42 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• i have my daughter in gymastics. she is five and she loves to death. She goes the one tought by parks and recreation dept so it only cost me 50 every two weeks the faculity is great and she has so much fun.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• My oldest is in Daisy Girl Scouts, there is a start up fee of maybe $25 and then from there its whatever activites you participate in. Usually they run between $5-$15 pre big activity
    BobbieJean03

Answer by BobbieJean03 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• none. They are 8 yrs, 5 yrs, and 6 months. They aren't that interested in soemthing to do on a regular basis. Plus, we don't have the money for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jun. 7, 2010