Soy Formula

Who has used soy formula? Do doctors recommened it considering all the controversy surrounding soy formula?

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is good soy and bad soy. Make sure that the formula is not from GMO (genetically modified) soy.

Both soy and dairy are allergy triggers.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:07 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I tend to run away from everything that is doctor recommended or FDA approved. Those are the most dangerous.
    But to answer your question, I have never used soy but if I would've had to then I would've used organic soy and non-genetically modified.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:17 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• DD had SOO many problems with all the other formulas so the Dr. recommended Soy formula...DD used it until she turned 1 and then we swtiched to Silk.
    It def. helped her stomach problems(she got constipated alot, then the sensitive gave her diarreah)
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 7, 2010

• I have used soy formula since my daughter was a few days old and I couldn't produce breast milk. I was raised on soy as well as my brothers and sister since we had a sever milk allergy as children. I use enfamil pro sobee it is what was recommended to me. Soy also has less fat than milk based formula. My daughter is doing amazing on it. It may be a little smelly but I love it and will use it with my next child. I have never heard anything bad about it so go ahead and use it. If you are worried talk to the doctor or do a little resaerch on about it online. I started out using the concentrated type and it made her constipated but I switched to powder and now she is fine. If your baby does get constipated the best thing to use is corn syrup in her bottle. It will help a lot.
    Peytonsmommy375

Answer by Peytonsmommy375 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2010